Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Forest (by Autumn A.)

The Forest

The Forest
By Autumn
The forest
The place that I love
The place where I am safe
Home

The forest protects me
It lifts me high above the earth
It lifts me to the sky

When I am in the forest
I can reach out and touch Mother Nature
As she watches over me
She protects me as I cavort around
As I scamper up and down the trees
She and the forest are one
Both wise and gentle

When I break through the high branches of a tree
I leave my worries below me on the ground
As I walk into the forest
My fear departs me at the edge

As I walk through the trees
My spirit soars with the birds
But I do not try to catch it
My mouth sings the birdsongs
The birdsongs from the place that I can truly live
The forest
My home

by Autumn A. (Spring 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home